I have written over a hundred short stories since 2010. Several of them appear in No Guarantees, a collection I self published in 2014.
I haven’t written much lately, however, I am still involved with writing through the group at the Jonesborough Senior Center and, to a lesser degree, the Lost State Writers Guild.
Books & CD covers
I first recommend that for the lowest cost writers do it themselves. Here is a link to how to do it. How I format a book
If that looks too complicated I do freelance book and cover design for the local self-publishing community.
Pricing is variable but the below will give you an idea.
- Setup CreateSpace account for first book $75
- Manage CreateSpace account additional books $50
- Convert book files for use on Kindle $50
- Standard editing — up to 80k words $300
- Standard cover $150 — “Standard” means client furnished or public domain graphics and fonts.
- Standard formatting — up to 80k words and up to 10 images, $150
These are about half of the cost of a company like SelfPublishing.com and I offer more flexibility than they do. Examples of their $275 cover:
Examples of my $150 cover:
Note that MS Word or Photoshop files I create belong to my client and will be furnished via email upon request. There are no book purchase minimums so if you use CreateSpace you won’t end up with a closet full of unsold books.
- Standard website landing page $300 setup + $100/yr
“Standard” as used above means client furnished or public domain graphics and fonts.
Give me a call at 423.631.5878 if you want to talk about this.